May 13, 2018

Rejoice!


Spring, or I should say, 'Summer', arrived in our city within a week. It's true. About two weeks ago, it was snowing on a Monday, and by the end of the week it was 20+ degrees Celsius and hasn't really stopped since. We've had a couple of cooler rainy days which has added a lovely emerald hue to the neighborhood. Buds are bursting, flowers are blooming, and the birds are rejoicing. Overall, an incredible start to the Spring/Summer season! I couldn't buy my container 'spillers' fast enough in preparation for some long overdue gardening.


The best part of all is that the monster deck is gone. The beast was removed last Monday and a new smaller, tidier-looking deck is underway.



Lastly, to brighten up the front and back garden, I had placed a large order of annuals, assorted containers and hanging baskets through a community fund raiser. I picked up my order on Friday and I'm so impressed with the quality. The highlight, was a 10 pack of incredibly fragrant organic assorted herbs, including oregano, mojito mint and onion chives (my favorite).  My only regret is not ordering enough of their organic soil - I never learn! I always need more than I think I will. Please remind me for next year.
 
A few of my containers are currently standing-by waiting for placement on the new deck. Meanwhile, others are placed through backyard and front door. The colors are such a welcome sight!


 
 
 
~  Wishing you a beautiful spring day and a pleasant week ahead! ~