February 3, 2018

Again to Lilford

 

It's usually this time of year when I think about retreating to the refreshing damp greenery of England. I admit I would rather be there sometimes than even the warmest of destinations. While we do have a winter warm-up break planned, I can't resist looking back at our stay in Northamptonshire in February last year. We travelled to Oundle, the ancient market town bordering on Cambridgeshire and Lincolnshire. I am convinced the prestigious Oundle School was the inspiration for Harry Potter.
 
The highlight of our visit, was a drive through the countryside to see the Jacobean beauty, Lilford Hall (again).  As I have posted previously (see here), my great-great grandfather was the head gardener here. The current owners have been restoring the property and have made some excellent progress. Yes, I wish I lived in an English country manor house too!






 
~ Please visit Lilford Hall's website to learn more about its incredible history! ~