August 12, 2018

Not My Garden


A walk through the neighborhood of Inglewood here in Calgary last weekend led us to the Dean House Restaurant and their spectacular gardens. Admittedly, it left me absolutely green with garden envy! I found myself thinking: "Why doesn't our garden look like this?" "I need to work harder!" Here's to more fertilizer and a little patience... While some new perennials fill-out more next summer, I'll look forward to a slightly more spectacular garden at our house.
 



I've just added some Holly Hocks to our garden this year for some height and interest. In keeping with the title of this post; alas, these are not mine. We parked across the street from these beauties growing behind someone else's house. One of the Holly Hocks I selected from the garden centre is a blend of different colors. I'm really hoping to see some brilliant pink blooms emerge eventually!


 
~  Whether it's your own, someone else's, or a public garden, ~
make sure you take the time to enjoy and appreciate it - it's hard work!