June 22, 2018

Blue Velvet Dining Chairs

 

Every now and then, I like to pop-over to Bondars clearance centre on a Saturday (the only day of the week they are open). You never know what quality pieces you're going to find. While I usually have a specific piece I'm looking for, it works better if I go shopping with an open mind. But this time, I was lucky. I had been coveting blue velvet dining chairs as they remind me of one of our favorite hotels in London; the Kensington Hotel. I was able to get six dining chairs for a fraction of the price. The store had simply over-ordered the number of chairs they anticipated selling. I was already planning to have some blue velvet dining chairs made, so you can imagine my delight! While I would have selected more of a sapphire blue than navy blue, for the price they are more than perfect. Oh, and speaking of puuurrrfect... naturally Bertie has tried out each chair and claimed one in particular as his new favorite hiding place.