April 10, 2016

Kitchen Window Freshen-up!



I just couldn't stand it anymore. The hideous dark brown horizontal blind hanging over the kitchen window that is. So when I woke up early yesterday morning I grabbed a screwdriver, removed it, and promptly threw it in the garbage. Andrew had hated it from the day we moved-in but we became distracted by other improvements and eventually we just ignored it.

After the removal of the offending object....


I made my way to Bed Bath and Beyond and selected a simple valance and tension rod to lighten-up the room. Privacy isn't really an issue. The window faces our neighbor's guest room that's rarely used.



The softer window treatment has added such a fresh, uplifting look and has added so much light to the kitchen. Our new buddy, Bertie (more on him to come!) just loves to lay in the sunlight that has been streaming in.

~Did you tackle a small project this weekend?~