June 21, 2014

The Perfect Blue


When we last left off with our main bath, I was searching for the prefect soothing light blue paint color. I wanted something that resembled the color of the water when the bath tub was full. The color we inherited was a tobacco brown (see photos below) and was much too dark for the space.





 

Another color reference for me was the shower curtain which is full of pretty greys and blues. I made my way to our local Farrow and Ball dealer, Maria Tomas, over my lunch hour one day and found myself walking back into the downtown core with a gallon of Farrow and Ball's 'Skylight'. I knew from the painted sample board at the store that the color would be perfect.

 

 


(Remind me to change the chrome electrical plate to a beige one, wont you?)

Hope you're enjoying a beautiful weekend!