January 22, 2012

Breakfast Nook Redo


Above is our breakfast nook in it's current state. It's nice, but a bit of a snooze, non? I plan to switch the table & chairs to a black wrought iron set I bought on Kijiji last summer. The wrought iron set is being stored on our garage and I didn't take a photo of it after I brought it home. The set looks very similar to this white one:


I haven't decided yet if a small banquet/settee against the back wall will work or not. I like the idea because it would break-up the look of all the scrolly ironwork by adding some variance of texture. The table may be too small for a banquet, so I may end up using only the four chairs. I will have to experiment a bit. I've found these images for some ideas and inspiration:

Source

Source

Source

Source

Source
  
I plan to recover the chairs in this Moroccan trellis fabric that I already have:


Also, I think this armillary-style chandelier in a small size could be interesting in the space: 

Finally, we will be replacing our sliding patio doors with French doors which will add a little more interest as well. 


Here's hoping this little project will keep me occupied through the winter months and keep those winter blues away!