February 12, 2011

Wallpaper: The fear of commitment

I love the idea of wallpaper, and yet I am terrified by the idea of wallpaper. I've ordered some Farrow & Ball samples and I'm considering wallpapering a couple of feature walls. I'm thinking this could be a way to ease into it. The wall behind our bed could be interesting if wallpapered so I'm thinking about Silvergate in the colors below.
Our bedroom
Farrow and Ball Silvergate wallpaper
Secondly, the staircase which needs something else anyway; could wallpaper be the answer? I'll only cover the wall with the artwork and window. If I am going to attempt this myself I will have to make sure I'm in the mood to tackle this project and ensure there are no distractions (like, Andrew). Or, maybe a professional needs to be called in for this job. The landing is double height so it could be a bit dangerous for me to get up there. Do you see what I mean by wallpaper being terrifying? I have a few crystals to add to the chandelier too. Don't worry. I'll make sure it doesn't look tacky. By the way, the chandelier was $45.00 at Rona. It came with cream colored bell shades. Not exciting. I added a little more flare with some discounted black square shades from Crate & Barrel.