June 16, 2010

Getting There


Our house is starting to come together since we moved in last Fall. It had been neglected and lonely for three years because the owner who built it didn't moved in and moved to Chicago instead. Like all new spaces, I'm sure it will evolve over time....For now, here is what I have come up with so far:




The dining space is a bit of a challenge. The space is not very large and I have a rectangular table.  This table has a subtle art deco look and a metal inlay which I thought gave it a simple but interesting detail. I'm not sure if I like our dining chairs. Some oval-backed or Klismos chairs may be better with the table. Or, I am also considering something that doesn't match the table for an interesting contrast.

here is our dining area at the moment:

I bought a soft blue herringbone fabric at Chintz and Company that I intended to recover the seats with but I am holding off on that until I decide to keep the chairs or not. Stay-tuned!