March 17, 2018

Reframed Art

 
As a follow-up from my New Year Refresh post back in January, here is the final result of the pieces I had featured.
 
I admit I am most pleased by the Hereford bridge piece. Something about its new frame and matting makes me want to continually admire it. We have decided to make a trip to Hereford on our next UK trip, to visit this very spot.

(With new frame and matting)

(In original frame and paper mat)

This oil painting has already had three different frames. The first was done mainly in copper tones, (I can't find a picture of it). It was very pretty, but I eventually wanted something more transitional. I had it framed in a simple silver wood frame seven years ago. Recently, I thought the transitional frame didn't do the painting justice. It maybe even took away from it somehow. So, I went for a warm textured frame with an extra trim piece to really make it come alive (I kept the transitional frame for future use).

 
(New frame - colors and texture really stand out)

(Previous frame in a simple transitional style)

Do you have some special pieces you'd like to frame or reframe? A painting or drawing you or your children have done? Or an old painting from a family member? It's amazing what a difference a  frame can make - try it!