November 12, 2017

Guest Room Re-do!

We have a cosy  guest room for one in our house, which I have featured before here. I like to think of it as a quaint little room that could be in a bed and breakfast. It's such a relaxing little oasis, that we often use for reading, or, when one of us isn't feeling well. Somehow that room makes you feel just a bit better.
 
I changed out the Ikea Hemnes dresser (it sold in 15 minutes in Kijiji! I had over a dozen offers!) for a dark wood armoire originally in our living room. I painted it in Farrow and Ball's 'Skimming Stone'. I did not enjoy the painting project at all. Thank goodness for Andrew who helped me though mid-way and encouraged me to finish it. The guest room color is also F&B in 'Bone'. I think the color of the armoire and walls work nicely together.
 



 


We call the guest room, the 'bird room' because of the framed bird prints, and there are many neighborhood birds flying past the window now and then. Bertie (our big cat) thinks it's his room. It has become his favorite place to sleep at night. So, sometimes one of us has to share the bed with the cat!